I just realised it’s halfway through November !
Where has this year gone to so quickly ?
When I was a kid…like every kid…I loved Christmas. It was magical…fun….and stress free. Decorations and carols in the shops. Visits to Santa and lots of being good in order to stay on the ‘nice’ list.
My how times have changed.
Christmas is hard now….Lots of money flying out of my pockets at a rate never seen before…stressing over what gifts to give this year. Will they like them? can I afford them? Will Eric break them on day one, or will they last a week or more?
For those of you who don’t know, I have seven kids, and Eric is my 11 year old with Autism. His rules regarding possessions are the same as those of a 6 year old :
- If it’s in my hand…it’s mine
- If I saw it first…it’s mine
- If I had hold of it before you did…it’s mine
- If I like the look of it…it’s mine
- If it’s really yours, but I want it…it’s mine
- Anything that’s mine remains mine until I no longer want it